• Home

Warrior Control Deck

by - 5 years ago

Are you a new Hearthstone player? Are you a pro? Do you fall in the middle somewhere? This is the show that appeals to you as a player regardless of skill level. A partnership between Twizz and Studder has been established to bring you a show of expert game play and coaching from one of the top players in the Hearthstone ladder. Decks and cards are broken down and each play is thoroughly explained. So join Twizz and Studder every Monday night at 9:00CST to have some laughs, learn a lot and become a better player.

Episode 10: Warrior Control Deck

DKMR Warrior Control
Class: Warrior

Cards sorted by Low Cost

Warrior (23)

Neutral (7)

JR Cook

JR has been writing for fan sites since 2000 and has been doing Blizzard Exclusive fansites since 2003. He helped co-found BlizzPro in 2013. You can hear JR every week talk about Hearthstone on the Well Met Podcast published on iTunes.

6 responses to “Warrior Control Deck”

1. Tropiconaldo says:

Hey guys, I really appreciate the coaching lessons and I want to say thank you for it.

Further more I’ve got a question: Which card would be the more efficient card, if I haven’t Baron Geddon?

I think about wild pyro, leeroy or even another brawl… or maybe something totally different – what do you think?

2. jakdripr says:

Is there anyway to play this deck without hellscream? I have barongeddon, cairne, and enough dust to craft alexstraza and ragnaros. I’d also prefer not to craft any class specific legendaries yet since I’m trying to get the most bang for my buck. I literally either have every other card in this deck, or can afford to craft it, except hellscream. If there’s no way to play this deck without it, is there any alternative deck with a similar playstyle?

• Twizz says:

Grommash is such a strong finisher because you can use a Cruel Taskmaster to make him a 12/8. The only other suggestions I have (since he’s a finisher) would be to maybe put in a Leeroy and an Inner Rage. That’ll make Leeroy an 8/1 and the inner rage is a zero cost. 4 damage short, but if you’re looking for the same type of effect, this might hopefully get you there! I also recommend playing with Rampage. That could make for a great combo too. Leeroy + Inner Rage + Rampage makes him an 11/4. It’s a lot of cards to get that combo, but with Acolytes, Slams and Shield Blocks you’ll likely draw the combo 🙂 Hope this helps and thanks SO much for watching!!!!

• jakdripr says:

Twas a pleasure watching. Thanks for the feedback, but after doing some math, even with that replacement it’ll probably use up all of my dust to craft what’s left(didn’t realize shield slams were epics, not rare’s), and I’m not sure if I’m that committed to control warrior.

Thanks for the feedback though, keep up the good work. Btw, are you guys ever planning on doing a spotlight for the zeus shaman deck? I’m intrigued by that deck, but I just can’t seem to win with it and I can’t seem to find any footage of it online.

• Twizz says:

No worries! Yeah, it’s a very pricey deck. It’s fun to play, but the secret is out and everyone is not only using it, but building counters to it. It worked great when the ladder reset but if your heart lies elsewhere, save the dust 😉
          In regards to Zeus I’ve actually been toying around with it and making adjustments that have proved beneficial. If you’d like, we can feature it on next weeks show just for you! Tonight we’re featuring Miracle Rogue but I think Zeus 2 (my version) is worth a look at!

• jakdripr says:

Damn, thanks I’d like that a lot actually. Well I guess the least I can do is subscribe then.

Thanks again.