The fine people at Gamespot have uploaded the Hearthstone Panel at GDC 2015 and it’s all about the User Interface (UI) and how it is one of Hearthstone’s key components. I’d certainly classify it as a must watch, if anything so you can see what Hearthstone used to be in the early development stages. The entire presentation is pretty well done and discusses a variety of UI-related topics, this one is definitely worth its thirty minute length.
- Many core principles of Hearthstone Design were actually influenced by UI Considerations.
- They really like how “Physical” the interface is.
- It was a while before they came with the idea of opening this gamebox and playing on a tavern.
- Decks used to be 60 cards.
- Hearthstone for Phones is coming soon.
- They are considering adding extra deck slots.
If I haven’t convinced you of watching this video yet, take a look at the stills below.